It’s a safe bet that if you are freelancing, you are pretty good at what you do. Marketing yourself, however, is probably a whole different story. Well, here are the top ten reasons why marketing efforts don’t go as well as you like, just in case they happen to pop into your head:
10. Neighbors weren’t home.
9. 10 year layaway plan wasn’t such a great idea.
8. Damn Wal-Mart undercutting my newspaper ads!
7. Too many clients taking advantage of $1 happy hour.
6. Having trouble cashing in food stamps.
5. Maybe Facebook photos of that donkey incident in Tijuana had something to do with it.
4. Post-Christmas sale wearing out its welcome.
3. The economy. Yeah, it’s the economy’s fault!
2. No one going for free toaster with purchase.
1. Keep forgetting to leave business cards in public toilets.