Do freelancers really take bank holidays off or have we just forgotten the whole concept altogether? Do we even remember what holidays are? Well, I propose the following freelance holidays to become official in the near future:
10. Spring break. Let’s take this one back from the college kids!
9. New spin on “take your children to work” day: “Let your children do your work” day.
8. All Payment Stiffers day. Travel to the location of your most notorious bad-debtor and picket, start a riot, throw molotov cocktails at their place of business.
7. All Good Clients day. Take a vacation in their honor with the nice check you just received from them.
6. 5th of July. Allow a day to recover. If it falls on a weekend, Monday off!
5. Post St. Patrick’s day. Ditto.
4. Christmas/New Year’s. C’mon, you really need to stop working these days.
3. Tax Day. Pay up and drown your sorrows.
2. April 16th (day after tax day). See #4 and #5.
1. Tomorrow. Good a day as any I say.