This is definitely debatable, but many freelancers have come to despise working out of their homes. While there are obviously huge benefits, such as working naked with a Budweiser in hand, the isolation and need for a change of scenery often overcomes us. So here we have the top ten places to move the home office (if need be):
10. Your old job. Tell your old co-workers you were on vacation all along and mooch all the free coffee and donuts while you can.
9. Raid some kidís treehouse. SeriouslyÖ how cool would an office be in one?
8. Your local church. They surprisingly hook you up, plus you get a free bible! Those Sunday meetings can drag on though.
7. Your local bar. Huge benefits: no commute to happy hour, beer within reach and free peanuts.
6. The nearest Taco Bell. You surely wonít be distracted by ordering anything from the place.
5. A nearby Holiday Inn. Get there early, find a checked out room, sweet talk a housekeeper in letting you in and you have a few hours of free office space. One tip: donít touch the bed.
4. Break in the neighborís house. Surely they are not a freelancers and are away until 5 PM. You can raid the fridge while youíre at it.
3. Truck stops. You wouldnít believe how equipped these places are. That is, if you can fend off the creepy truckers that live there.
2. The Caribbean. Thatís where I moved my office to and itís the bomb. OK, OK, itís really in Hawaii. UmÖ Florida?¬† Stop shaking your head!
1. Aw hell, just move it to the next room over!