“Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
We’ve been good, but we can’t last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast”
- Alvin and The Chipmunks
Still in need of something to get a fellow freelancer for Christmas? One of these should do:
10. Hot meal, change of clothes and a warm place to sleep for the night.
9. A new MacBook Pro. Ah, who are we kidding, a $10 gift certificate to Wal-Mart.
8. Hit one up for some work you really don’t need.
7. That overdue payment can double up as a can’t miss gift.
6. Five hundred brand new Twitter followers.
5. Can’t beat a 1099-MISC form a couple weeks early.
4. That book out there that will help a freelancer make six-figures in a month or so.
3. A nice piping hot cup of that premium shit at Starbucks. Throw in a carrot cake, while you’re at it.
2. A cheesy Christmas card that you were going to send anyway.
1. Same as above, but with a $10 Wal-Mart gift certificate or new MacBook Pro stuffed inside.
And while we're on the subject...