If you’re a freelancer and have had a go at the job boards, you may have noticed that sometimes employers get real specific in their project description. Here are some of the favorite disclaimers we often hear… ok, maybe we exaggerate them a little.
10. “We’re a small start up so please price way below a fair market value and include lots of freebies.”
9. “Looking for a skilled freelancer with preference from Kokomo, Indiana.”
8. “Willing to pay up to $10.99. Overseas bidders welcome.”
7. “Applicants must speak and communicate effective medieval English.”
6. “WARNING: ADULT THEMED (psst… hardcore, gang bangs and lesbian action).”
5. “This should only take fifteen seconds for a freelancer who knows whatever the hell it is they do.”
4. “Canned responses will be put in a pantry for emergency use only.”
3. “The right freelancer will have the opportunity for continued work digging ditches outside our office.”
2. “DO NOT apply if you are not familiar with Java, JQuery and John 3:15 of the Bible.”
1. “You must provide a resume, portfolio, references and hand in your water bong.”
And while we're on the subject...